Using L'ovenware On Glass Top Stove

I've just acquired a set of L'ovenware, consisting of saucepans, bowls and lids. It's amber glass cookware. I've looked for the company but I don't think they are still in business. Has anyone ever used them on a glass top stove? Do you have any hints or suggestions? I'd appreciate any feedback based on experience. Thanks.

Doggy from TX

My Mom had a set like the ones you describe, but they were called Visions. I believe that they were by Corning. We used them on the stovetop, and in the oven, but it was a regular electric stove, not glass top. The main thing is, you do not want to get your heat too high, as the glass really holds the heat. But for more specific directions and suggestions, you might be able to find something by searching for "Visions" cookware. Enjoy them!

I never used L'ovenware but believe it is similar to Pyrex. I accidentally left a burner on my stove top with a piece of Pyrex on it and it practically exploded. Fortunately no one was in the kitchen at the time so no one was hurt. Shards of glass went every where and the floor covering melted from the pieces that fell on the floor. BEWARE... I don't think it is a good idea to use on stove top.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJune 10, 2008
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Top Stove
Using Cast Iron Pan on Glass Top Stoves
Glass Cook Top
Repairing a Glass Cook Top
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 7:58:42 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.