Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Leg Cramps from Kidney Disease

My husband has kidney disease and is at about 11 percent right now. He's been suffering from severe leg cramps at night and hurting. He has a history of high potassium so they put him on meds to help keep it under control. I'm just wondering if any body else knows anything on this subject, or has any ideas.

By sensible fromKnox, TN

Best Answer

This answer has been rated the best for this question.

By Pat [11]05/18/2010

I had leg cramps nearly all my life, well before I had kidney disease and I buy the homeopathic remedy, Hylands Leg Cramp Remedy, at Walmart. It has a small amount of quinine which relieves leg cramps quickly for me, hope it works for you. I also eat bananas for the potassium.
Pat

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sandra05/18/2010

I recently took my mother to a cardiologist. She frequently has leg cramps. He suggested drinking a glass of quinine (tonic) water each night before bedtime. It has helped reduce the leg cramps.

By Lee05/17/2010

I am a certified creative healer and learned that restless legs are caused by kidney problems. When the leg problems start at night a drink of water with fresh lemon juice in it helps me so much. I don't know if this will help you but it is worth a try. I find that if I get enough water during the day the problems are way less.