Bowl Stuck Inside Glass Pot

I was warming up some food in a large bowl by putting water in a glass pot and putting the plastic bow on top. Now the bowl is stuck inside my glass pot and I can't remove it. There is still a small amount of water in the pot but the bowl is embedded.

Staffney from Baltimore, MD

Best Answer

I had something similar happen with 2 pyrex baking dishes. I tried the hot/cold water method to no avail. Finally, on a whim, I sprayed both dishes with WD-40 and they slid apart like a charm.

Best Answer

Hot water expands fibres in certain materials. You need to shrink them instead. Try popping it in the fridge for a while or fill with icy cold water, and try separating them again.

Yes this helped me. What I did is I kept the jammed pans in the freezer overnight and next morning held just the outside surface of outer pan to hot tap water, guess what in few seconds it separated like a charm... Hope it helps

This has happened to me unfortunately breaking my grandma's nice glass pie dish. I had gotten a plate stuck in in somehow when I was doing dishes. You should try putting it in the fridge to make it cold and they should pop apart. I wish I would have known. Good luck.

Sometimes having a change in temp will cause one or the other item to expand at a greater rate than the other and it will release. If cold dosen't do it try running hot water on the glass. The glass should expand from the heat and release the plastic.

I have two medal pots stuck and cannot get them apart. Tried putting them in the freezer - did not work. Tried oil between both - did not work. Really good pots - what else can I do?

In These Guides
Stack of Glass Dishes
Unsticking Glass Dishes
pots and pans stuck together
Separating Dishes that are Stuck Together
Home and Garden Repair Other DishesDecember 1, 2008
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:21:36 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.