Jeans Blanket

Save up and ask friends and family for old jeans. Make a throw or bed blanket!

Cut every good part you can into the same size squares. Anything from 3 to 4 inch squares. Sew all these together in strips and then sew the strips together. Once you have the desired size for a throw or bed cover. Teens love these. To make it all tattered on the edges wash and dry many times!

By PatriciaL

I am working on one of these right now. I've been saving my children's old jeans and began cutting the squares last year. I recently started piecing them together with blue plaid flannel material. The kids love it already. It'll be a nice and very warm quilt for this winter!

I have been meaning to make one of these for a long time. One thought I have had is to watch garage sales or thrift stores for a plaid flannel sheet to use as accent pieces or for the backing. It would be cheaper than buying new, and it would already be preshrunk and nice and soft.

Crafts Using Old Jeans, Stack of jeans to use for crafts.
Crafts Using Old Jeans
Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 14, 2005
Blue denim crocheted purse.
Making a Crocheted Denim Purse
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans