Share Crafts

Use Old Comforter for "Feather Bed"

Recently my son went from a twin-size bed to a queen-size bed (it was given to us by a relative). The mattress was hard and he wanted a feather bed to make it softer. Not being able to afford a queen-size feather bed at this time, I thought that perhaps the comforter from his twin bed would work. It fits under the fitted sheet perfectly and now his bed is much softer.

By Noella from Boliver, MO

Really good tip to share and I've done the same thing myself in the past so can vouch that this helps make a hard mattress feel softer. :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Marcie 6 220 10/05/2010

What a great idea! Never would have thought of it. I have so many old comforters and wondered what I could do with them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By J-Kat 7 42 01/04/2015 is a great place to buy sheets, comforters, even electric blankets. I only buy 100% cotton sheets, which can be really expensive, but the last couple of sets I got for less than $50 for king-sized, and our electric blanket was less than $100.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By J-Kat 7 42 01/04/2015

When I was pregnant, our firm mattress was very uncomfortable for me, though I'd always loved it. My husband folded up a comforter and put it under the fitted sheet on my side. It made it a lot more comfortable, and the morning I realized it was "time," well, let's just say the mattress was protected by the washable comforter.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment