Test New Sheets Before Washing

Vote for this contest contender!

I learned my lesson awhile ago when buying bedsheets, it is important to check if they fit for your bed prior to doing laundry. If they don't fit, you can take it back and refund or exchange. Once washed, you wouldn't be able to return or exchange.

Even though the size is what the bed is a "Full", sometimes the brand/make/style does not work out for your bed.

I don't know why they couldn't be returned after they were washed. If you buy an article of clothing, wear it, and have to return it they insist you wash it first. (Not that everybody does.) I thought this was common practice.

I don't know of a place that allows you to return washed clothing or used, already worn clothing?

I do know Cat & Jack brand by Target has a 1 year warranty.

As long as you have the receipt you can return almost anything usually within 30 days. But if you use the store's credit card you don't need to keep anything. Its all in the store's computer. I had sheets I didn't like cause the fabric was scratchy or I didn't like how they much they wrinkled. One doesn't need the original wrap either but it does help for them to scan and match up the item.

I have returned tops that once washed they shrunk too much. I recently returned a pair of jeans that I washed and returned cause they stretched out so much that in a couple of hrs they practically fell off of me. They were on the credit card and no questions were asked. I know people that return food items cause they didn't like the taste or milk that goes sour before the sell date is over. Sams and Costco take anything back that's why you pay the members fee.

Yes! At club stores like Costco and Sam's the return policy is more lenient but for other stores like department stores, they would never allow you to return clothing articles that have been worn, washed or used. Not that I know of and I'm quite a shopper! I mean if someone was to argue and speak to a manager, perhaps that can be a solution but I've never heard of a department store accepting returns.

I have returned foods items for expiration and sour too.

Something you need to know before you buy any fitted sheets is the measurement of the depth of your mattress. My old fitted sheets won't fit all the way down on the corners of my new mattress because the old mattress was only 6" thick. The new mattress takes sheets with a 14" drop.

Oh yes! It said up to 18". So I figured the elastic is closer but it didn't work out for me.