Degreasing Ground Turkey

When cooking with ground turkey, make sure to drain all the grease off by browning it, then placing in a colander and letting the grease drip out.

As low fat as you may imagine turkey to be, the saucer under the colander will surprise you with the amount of grease it has collected.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I'VE NEVER HAD THE PROBLEM WITH GREASE WITH MY GROUND TURKEY, ACTUALLY QUITE THE OPPOSITE. IT'S ALWAYS TO DRY AND I HAVE TO ADD A LITTLE OIL TO IT TO KEEP IT FROM STICKING TO THE PAN

My friend said her turkey was always pretty much greaseless, too. We decided it must have to do with the brand.

She said she buys the low fat version.

I purchased an expensive per pound package price tag, but the store did not offer low fat pre-packaged options.

Also, after you let the ground meat's grease drip out, then rinse with warm to hot water to rinse off what other fat might be on it. I do this with both ground beef & ground turkey. You can then toss out the broth (fat & water) or pour over your dog's food (to make it's coat shiny.)

Ground Turkey Burgers on Grill
Cooking with Ground Turkey
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Ground Turkey Skewers
Recipes Using Ground Turkey
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄