Brown Ground Turkey For "Faux" Hamburger

The economy is tough, so we are eating more ground turkey instead of ground hamburger. It is always difficult for me to get the turkey to taste less like turkey and to get brown.

Today, I put about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan and let it warm before I added the turkey. I left it alone long enough to brown the bottom then I flipped it over and let that side brown. I began to break it up with the spatula. Since I was making family recipe (guess what's in it - goulash), I added some chopped onions and 2 cups of hot water, then I let it cook while gathering my other ingredients.

It tasted like hamburger and everyone liked it. Hope someone can benefit from this tip.

By Elaine from Oklahoma