Cleaning Vinyl Siding

We had an exterminator spray for yellow jackets. The insecticide has left yellow and brown stains on our white vinyl siding. How can we get the stains off? They seem to be baked on by the sun.

By Donna from Charleroi, PA

I would first see if they come off with water and agitation with a soft brush. The spot might be water soluble and easily removed this way. If the spots are persistent and not easily removed with water, maybe try a simple degreaser or all-purpose cleaner. Follow directions on container and start with a medium strength solution. Be gentle, and test a spot to make sure there will be no bad reactions.

I would also recommend calling the Exterminator and asking them to remove the stains. They should be very aware of the stains their product leaves behind, and should have told you this might happen and allowed you to possibly choose another form of exterminating.

September 27, 2014 Flag

Can you mix ammonia and water as a solution to clean outside vinyl siding? If so, what mixture?

By Bob

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use vinegar and dawn.

July 28, 2010 Flag

I had a new roof put on my home and they removed the old one and stained a lot of my vinyl siding with black marks. It is a combination of the old stuff hitting the house. Any good ideas for removing it from white vinyl siding?

Joseph from New Jersey

Cleaning Vinyl Siding

We had the same stain, but on the lower part of our home. We used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If it is a much larger area and in a spot too high to reach from a window, this may not work. Good luck. (11/14/2006)

By jillian357

Cleaning Vinyl Siding

I would suggest getting a lawyer to go after them to clean up their mess and pay for the lawyer's fee, also! (11/15/2006)

By nancy80501

Cleaning Vinyl Siding

I agree. They should clean it off. Have you called them about this? Good luck. (04/20/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 28, 2010
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding