Steam Mop Leaves Water on Floor

I have purchased a steam mop and I notice that it leaves more water on the floor than I would like. Any tips on using the steam mop with less water results?

By grandmasusan from Atikokan, ON

I suggest to go to their site, get a phone number, call them, tell them your problem, and search for "contact their inc name". Good luck.

I have an old hoover that started doing that. took it in and paid nearly the cost for a new steam vac to replace the engine. it still leaks some, I've found that if I work it very slowly, it leaks less, and if I don't bear down on it, it leaks less. meanwhile, keep one of those really thirsty as-seen-on-tv towels to soak up the eccess.

Would you let us know the name of it? I have been wanting to buy a steam mop, but I am wondering which kind is best. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a steam mop and I love it. One of the best things that I have ever purchased. I know what you mean about too much water. I found if you don't leave or keep pushing the button in the on position it helps a lot. Just get it going then shut it off and just use the mop. It works well this way.Good Luck Linda

Anonymous

Purchase the Steamfast steam cleaner with all the attachments from Home Depot. It is amazing on laminate flooring and tile bathrooms and grout. Never leaks water. Charlene