Stop Dog From Peeing on Flowers

Can someone please help me? I need to know how I can stop my dog from peeing on my Japanese ferns, without having to put up a fence, he is killing my flowers.

Kathleen from N. Augusta, SC

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try putting some moth balls around the bushes that you don't want your dog urinating on. I think if he gets a wiff of that stuff he won't want to pee on it.

Editor's Note: Mothballs are toxic so make sure they aren't anywhere that the pets or children can get to them.

August 27, 2011 Flag

I have a large dog. My mother just passed and my sister and I planted a yellow rosebush in memory of her. My dog won't stop urinating on it. The leaves are turning brown. Is there anything I can try to get him to stop?

By Theresa from Sodus, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Could you get some low fencing or chicken wire and build a small fence around it, far enough away from the bush that even if he takes aim at the fence he would miss the rose bush.

Pets Dogs Training AdviceOctober 1, 2007
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:06:29 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.