Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How do you get black gel pen out of white clothes?

I was washing my cloths and forgot I left a black gel pen in the pocket. So when I got them out of the dryer the cloths had all these black spots. So then I tried bleach, didn't work. Then I used Oxyclean in hot water over night didn't work. I used 6 scoops. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem.

Thanx and Happy Holidays,

Donnerschlag

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Jennifer10/08/2010

I tried rubbing alcohol like others suggested and it worked! Saved my favorite shirt! Thanks!

By cobs (Guest Post)02/09/2009

I ruined like 20 pieces of my clothing (not cheap by the way). Know any way to get black gel pen out? I need help

By anonymous (Guest Post)01/16/2009

My friend made me a shirt where he colored a white shirt with markers. Someone carelessly threw it in the wash along with other white clothes, so now the shirt I got as a present is ruined and my other white clothes have pink stains on them. Help :(

By (Guest Post)12/02/2008

Hand sanitizer did the trick for me!

By guest post (Guest Post)10/20/2008

I tried pouring a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the stain and gently blotting with a paper towel and it worked great. This technique also works on dry erase pen stains too.

By guest post (Guest Post)10/18/2008

By the answer (Guest Post)04/14/2008

This may sound crazy but it worked for me 100% removal of the ink when caught in time, and I mean 100%:CARBURETOR CLEANER in the automotive section. This stuff is amazing. Be careful though you will spray the area, and it will spread instantly, so get the area isolated where it wont spread to anywhere else on the clothing, and spray the are with CARBURETOR CLEANER (I recommend a couple of cans).

WARNING this stuff is potent and will burn your skin if you come in contact with it too much on your skin and the smell is strong as well, but it will not damage the clothing or fade any other colors on the clothing. Simply put it is perfect if used right.

By (Guest Post)03/08/2008

The stain remover that's included in the Dryell package (the home drycleaning in a bag product) removed the black gel pen ink from Tul pens for me. I've had really good luck with Dryell and drycleaning delicate items. The stain remover also worked on my white poplin lab coat, which I wash in cool water, laundry detergent and Oxyclean after the stain removal.

By Corinne (Guest Post)03/04/2008

I tried hairspray over and over and it only made it lighter.

By Lynne (Guest Post)07/01/2007

i got black pen on my white pants, and i put hairspray on it, then put them in the wash, and it only made it worse.

By Todd Usnik (Guest Post)09/30/2006

Hair spray does not work on gel pen ink. Any other solutions?

By Tiff (Guest Post)03/28/2006

I just bought a new Coach purse and now today, two days later, I set it on my oil pastels and got a few yellow and brown marks on it. It's mostly white and has light colored C's all over it. I'm scared to try any type of chemical on it, especially colored ones. Any ideas? Thank you!

By Angela (Guest Post)02/16/2006

I can't believe the hairspray worked...thank you...I just avoided an entire day at work with an ink stain on the front of my sweater.

By upset (Guest Post)10/17/2005

I accidentally left a black ball point pen in the washer and dryer. Everything that went through the washer and dryer has pen marks all over it. PLEASE HELP!

By betty (Guest Post)10/12/2005

if you dont have anything try rubbing alcohol... it worked for my blue gel pen... so u should try it

By Matthew [1]12/23/2004

thanx

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]12/23/2004

Donnerschlag,
Usually the cheapest kind of hairspray is the best. I think that the magic ingredient is alcohol.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By Anita (Guest Post)12/23/2004

When my daughter got blue pen marks on her white sweater, I used nail polish remover. Put a cloth under the spot and dab on the polish remover with a paper towel. It worked for me. (Not sure if it works the same on gel pens, but it's worth a try.)

By Matthew [1]12/23/2004

any type of hairspray or is there a kind that has something that i need to look for? Like a chemical to see if it has it.

Thanx for the help

By Linda Beecher12/22/2004

I know it sounds weird, but try hairspray