Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

How do you get black gel pen out of white clothes?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I was washing my cloths and forgot I left a black gel pen in the pocket. So when I got them out of the dryer the cloths had all these black spots. So then I tried bleach, didn't work. Then I used Oxyclean in hot water over night didn't work. I used 6 scoops. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem.

Thanx and Happy Holidays,

Donnerschlag

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Linda Beecher 1 12/22/2004 Flag

I know it sounds weird, but try hairspray

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Matthew 1 2 12/23/2004 Flag

any type of hairspray or is there a kind that has something that i need to look for? Like a chemical to see if it has it.

Thanx for the help

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anita (Guest Post) 12/23/2004 Flag

When my daughter got blue pen marks on her white sweater, I used nail polish remover. Put a cloth under the spot and dab on the polish remover with a paper towel. It worked for me. (Not sure if it works the same on gel pens, but it's worth a try.)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 12/23/2004 Flag

Donnerschlag,
Usually the cheapest kind of hairspray is the best. I think that the magic ingredient is alcohol.
Susan from ThriftyFun

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Matthew 1 2 12/23/2004 Flag

thanx

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By betty (Guest Post) 10/12/2005 Flag

if you dont have anything try rubbing alcohol... it worked for my blue gel pen... so u should try it

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By upset (Guest Post) 10/17/2005 Flag

I accidentally left a black ball point pen in the washer and dryer. Everything that went through the washer and dryer has pen marks all over it. PLEASE HELP!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Angela (Guest Post) 02/16/2006 Flag

I can't believe the hairspray worked...thank you...I just avoided an entire day at work with an ink stain on the front of my sweater.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tiff (Guest Post) 03/28/2006 Flag

I just bought a new Coach purse and now today, two days later, I set it on my oil pastels and got a few yellow and brown marks on it. It's mostly white and has light colored C's all over it. I'm scared to try any type of chemical on it, especially colored ones. Any ideas? Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Todd Usnik (Guest Post) 09/30/2006 Flag

Hair spray does not work on gel pen ink. Any other solutions?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lynne (Guest Post) 07/01/2007 Flag

i got black pen on my white pants, and i put hairspray on it, then put them in the wash, and it only made it worse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Corinne (Guest Post) 03/04/2008 Flag

I tried hairspray over and over and it only made it lighter.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 03/08/2008 Flag

The stain remover that's included in the Dryell package (the home drycleaning in a bag product) removed the black gel pen ink from Tul pens for me. I've had really good luck with Dryell and drycleaning delicate items. The stain remover also worked on my white poplin lab coat, which I wash in cool water, laundry detergent and Oxyclean after the stain removal.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By the answer (Guest Post) 04/14/2008 Flag

This may sound crazy but it worked for me 100% removal of the ink when caught in time, and I mean 100%:CARBURETOR CLEANER in the automotive section. This stuff is amazing. Be careful though you will spray the area, and it will spread instantly, so get the area isolated where it wont spread to anywhere else on the clothing, and spray the are with CARBURETOR CLEANER (I recommend a couple of cans).

WARNING this stuff is potent and will burn your skin if you come in contact with it too much on your skin and the smell is strong as well, but it will not damage the clothing or fade any other colors on the clothing. Simply put it is perfect if used right.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest post (Guest Post) 10/18/2008 Flag

I tried pouring a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the stain and gently blotting with a paper towel and it worked great. This technique also works on dry erase pen stains too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest post (Guest Post) 10/20/2008 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 12/02/2008 Flag

Hand sanitizer did the trick for me!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By anonymous (Guest Post) 01/16/2009 Flag

My friend made me a shirt where he colored a white shirt with markers. Someone carelessly threw it in the wash along with other white clothes, so now the shirt I got as a present is ruined and my other white clothes have pink stains on them. Help :(

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cobs (Guest Post) 02/09/2009 Flag

I ruined like 20 pieces of my clothing (not cheap by the way). Know any way to get black gel pen out? I need help

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jennifer 1 10/08/2010 Flag

I tried rubbing alcohol like others suggested and it worked! Saved my favorite shirt! Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes