Use Leaves and Newspapers for Mulch

Use all the leaves and newspaper you can get your hands on. They are great mulch. I started by putting down newspaper in a new natural area I want to start. I have quite a few layers. Now that leaves have fallen, I have raked all into that area, along with all the ones my neighbors have bagged. By spring, the weather will have turned these into some great mulch.

By Wanda from Climax, NC

Have you done this before? What do you use to keep the pile of leaves from blowing away in the wind?

Spray everything down with the hose. Everything will stick together & not blow around.

Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerNovember 20, 2008
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
wagon of mulch
When to Avoid Using Mulch