Deodorant Reviews

I need a dependable underarm deodorant.

By Fatso

I just love and have used Avon roll on deodorant for years! Its an anti-perspirant and deodorant. It comes in many scents too! I love the Feelin' Fresh and the Baby Power ones. If you don't wear perfume all the time this deodorant smells good and only cost .99 per bottle! Hope this helps!

I like Dove. If you have a costco close by, you get 4 sticks of it for about 8:00 and it is very smooth and works well.

You can not beat mitchum!

Dove is my favorite! It does not clump and is so silky smooth.

Unfortunately, what works for one person may not work for another, but I'm a "Secret" fan...love the fresh scent.

I have a bad problem with not being able to use just anything. I find that Mitchum works the best. Most clog my pores this doesn't. Plus after you use it for about a week if you happen to skip a day. You are pretty safe lol ' I found this out when I was waiting for my grand daughter to be born. Debbie

I use Degree (womens) Ultra Clear, Pure Rain scent, and it never fails me. I work outside a lot doing gardening, woodworking, etc., and Degree hasn't failed me yet.

Pat Tin Nevada

Dove deodorant is great.

LOL! I actually read all of the posts all the time wondering if ANYone used 'lowly' avon?! I've been using avon roll-on @ years. It's very economical. I actually buy it @ ebay and save even more. I even agree with your favorite scents. :-)

When I was dating my husband, his armpits were red no matter what deodorant he used. I got him to use Almay and he has never had red armpits again.

Try Drysol. One of my friends is using it and he claims it works for him.

I have a terribly bad funky armpit odour, like cockroach smell, so I need deodorant. However, not just any deodorant, because I don't want it to clog or dry up my skin or give me bad smell afterwards. I've been using UARMSOL deodorant powder for many years now and I have no more armpit odours. The deodorant powder works even when you stop using it for a day or 2 because it doesn't leave you smelling bad afterwards, unlike other deodorants out there.

<p>Even when I sweat I don't have any odours, this deodorant works great and I'm loving it. I can't go out in the day without putting it on. I applied 1 pinch and it's all to it for the whole day without worries about any smell afterwards. There's no after sport smell or odour masking. I would recommend it to anyone who has underarm odour. </p>

April 16, 2009 Flag

What is a good deodorant or antiperspirant for sweating armpits. My sister has tried every thing and nothing has worked.

Aisha from Norwich, CT

Answers:

Deodorant Reviews

My son had the same problem. We found a deodorant called Certain Dry. Its sold over the counter however, you may have to ask the pharmacy for it if you can not find it. Walmart sells it. It may take a few days but if you follow the directions it really does work. Good luck. (06/21/2007)

By Linda

Deodorant Reviews

I use Secret Platium and have no trouble with wetness under my arm pits. I read that Secret is now bringing out an even stronger deodorant, your sister might want to try that one.

Good luck. (06/22/2007)

By Ann

Deodorant Reviews

I just started using the new Secret deodorant, for people who sweat excessively. It is kind of expensive, but I must say it really does work! Try it. (06/22/2007)

By Connie

Deodorant Reviews

We started using dry Indian crystal sticks which are not expensive and last a year, so we were told by our pharmacist. This Indian crystal stick not only saves you a lot of money, it is healthier for your skin. Also, you do something for the environment at the same time. Take care, Mon. (06/22/2007)

By butterfly68

Deodorant Reviews

If she has excessively sweaty armpits, try a product called Drysol. It should be available at your pharmacy. My son had quite a problem, used to wear 2 tee shirts to soak up the perspiration. This product solved the problem. But it is not just a antiperspirant. It is to be used to reduce excessive sweating, and you must follow the treatment directions. As for regular antiperspirant, Mitchum is another brand that is very good for excessive sweating. (06/22/2007)

By louel53

Deodorant Reviews

Firstly, there is a difference between a deodorant and an antiperspirant. Deodorant is for body odor and antiperspirant is to stop perspiration.

If it is excessive perspiration problems, then choices such as the one made by Linda - Certain Dry - would probably do the trick. There is also a product called Mitchum for problem perspiration it comes in a roll on, spray, or solid. Secret, Degree, Lady Schick, all have excellent antiperspirant products. The higher the percentage of aluminum in the antiperspirant, the stronger the antiperspirant is. Good Luck. (06/22/2007)

By hedera

Deodorant Reviews

My husband likes Suave (for women) over all the men's deodorants. (07/29/2007)

By imaqt1962

Deodorant Reviews

Mitchum roll-on definitely works but after years of use, I think it can possibly block up your sweat glands or something. I've been using Dove original scent and love it! It's effective and smells great! I've tried a few other Dove scents but only like the original.
(08/27/2007)

By luvvy

Deodorant Reviews

You need to look at different antiperspirants in store and compare the ingredients. Antiperspirants use different kinds of aluminum salt, which makes them more or less effective. I wanted to buy "prescription strength" antiperspirant in the drugstore, but they were all too expensive. Then I looked at what exact aluminum salt they contained, and they all contain aluminum zirconium tetracholorhydrex gly. So I started looking at the other deodorants. Turns out Arrid extra dry contains the same aluminum compound for a fraction of the price!

I usually sweat a lot, but Arrid really has helped me the best so far. I won't recommend that anybody who sweats a lot buy that kind of crystal deodorant. My mom bought one for me and it's really not effective. It works a little, I use it on days I know I will spend at home, to save money, it is cheaper. (09/29/2008)

Deodorant Reviews

Watch all these "Special Clinical Strength" deodorants. You will pay more for something that is probably the same strength in a regular one. Example: Mitchum Gel is the same strength and product as Sure, with Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly (20%) but at a fraction of the price.
(10/13/2008)

By Pete

A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyApril 16, 2009
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Homemade Deodorant with Ribbon Wrapped Around it
Making Homemade Deodorant
🎄