Feeding a 180 Pound Dog

How much wet and dry dog food to feed to 180 pound dog?

Cathy from Woodbridge, VA

Skip the wet. They will have better dental health with dry only. Check the back of dry dogfood bag of your choice for how much. I suggest Iams. Their motto back in the 80's was LESS IN LESS OUT. That sold me.

edie

Ditto on the skip the wet. They need the fiber & it's healthier for their teeth.

Here's an excellent link to learn how to pick out a good food. I've researched this for years & I can instantly recognize bad ingredients. I feed mine one of the Wysong ones. I've had healthy dogs w/healthy hair for years & years because I've always paid attention to ingredients. The vets I go to frequently comment on their shiny hair.

My vet recommended both wet and dry.

Reason being, it's easier to give them medications when needed. Not sure how much to feed your size dog , but we feed our 65 pound dog at dinner time only on a 1/2 can and a full supply of dry daily, never mixing the two, with plenty of fresh water.

Hope this helps you.

Why do you not feed wet and dry together? Just wondering.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 24, 2007
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Pound Cake on Wooden Table
Pound Cake Recipes
Foliar Feeding
Foliar Feeding for Garden Plants
Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄