Valentine's Soda For Two

Debra Frick

There is nothing more romantic than an old fashioned ice cream soda shared with your favorite sweetie. So here is a "sweet treat" for Valentine's Day that you can set out on your desk or, if you can't resist the M&M's, you can pull out the flowers and eat the M&M's and fill the glass with rock salt or colored sand. I choose Pink because it is one of my favorite colors but you can make this any color you want or fill the glass with any kind of candy you would like. This could also be used for a birthday gift also.

Time to complete: 1 hour, including shopping at the Walmart

Materials

• One old fashioned soda fountain glass (bought at thrift store for $.50)
  • Lace and Ribbon all in one ($1.97)
  • Small amount of ribbon for a bow ($.44 for the whole spool)
  • One 14 oz bag of Cupid Mix M&M's ($2.00)
  • On small spray carnations ($.97)
  • One small spray of roses ($.97)
  • Couple of Straws
  • Hot glue gun
  • Glue sticks

Glue lace and ribbon trim around the upper rim of the glass. Tie a fluffy bow and glue where edges of lace meet on the glass. Fill glass with M&M's. Cut three carnations from the bunch of carnations and one open rose from the bunch of rose. Tuck the carnations in the glass in a triangle shape and add a rose to the center. Tuck in a couple of straws.

Valentine's Soda For Two

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 8 grandsons and one granddaughter. She is a published author and poetress. Recycling and saving money are her passions. She also loves crocheting and cooking. She is also a pet rescue volunteer and has many pets of her own.

Do you put anything directly over the top of the glass (after filling it with candy and before adding the flowers) so the candy won't fall out when you're transporting it to someone?

No I did not but you sure could. I transported mine yesterday to the single mom school nurse who I wanted to do something special for. Did not lose one M&M the flowers are in there pretty sturdy and keep the candies in.

Debra F

What a sweet idea. I think I'll make one for my granddaughter. Thanks.

A bouquet of heart shaped cookies in a coffee cup, for Valentine's Day.
Sweet Treats For Valentine's Day
Photos Holiday Valentine's DayFebruary 12, 2008
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🎄
🍂