Royal Flush Pin

A pin that proves poker isn't just for the guys!

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• small deck of cards
  • scissors
  • scrap lace or ribbon
  • scrap felt
  • white glue
  • pin back
  • hot glue gun
  • poker chip (available in a set of 30 at most dollar stores.)

Instructions:

With the Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten of all the four suites separated from the deck, you can make 4 pins out of just these five cards.

Because the cards have the Logo and Suit on each corner, you can make 4 of the Ace, 4 of the Kings, etc.

I cut them at an angle so you can fan them out, making sure that you overlap the first card with the second, and so on.

I chose the first Ace with a diamond suit, then made that the last for the Ten. The middle is a heart, and the other two are the spade and club. By doing this, you have this same kind of configuration on all the pins, just with a different combination.

I used white glue to get the cards onto the felt backing, clamping it to dry.

Then, you use your ribbon or lace to decorate the back of the cards.

Note: Don't make the same mistake I did. I went for lace that was hard and thick, therefore hard to fold at the corners. You can use felt in the shape of the cards with some showing in the back and that would look nice, too.

Make your choice or ribbon and get the ribbon tied before you put the hot glue on the felt. When you have it positioned, put the chip on the circle and press till hot glue dries, trimming off any that oozes out.

Hot glue the pin back to the felt and, Voila!

Note: As with all the pins I make, they are not designed to get wet. It's best if you don't put them on coats.

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

I really like this pin, it is so cute!

So pretty!

That's not a royal flush but a straight flush. Royal is all the same suit.

I love the Royal Flush Pin! I do a few fairs each year and am adding this to my " Lucky Casino Jewelry" section. It could also have a magnet attached to the back. For anyone too reserved to wear it - they can pin it on the fabric in their car above the rear view mirror.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

I guess that is why I don't play poker!

Craft Uses For Playing Cards
Crafts Using Playing Cards
Crafts JewelryMarch 2, 2010
Royal Icing Recipes
Royal Icing Recipes
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Shamrock Pin Craft
Shamrock Pin Craft Ideas
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄