Recycling Old Trophies

Category Recycling
A photo of an old, gold trophy.
You can recycle those old, unwanted, dusty trophies cluttering up your closet. This is a guide about recycling old trophies.

Where can I donate my old baseball, cheerleading , swim, and soccer trophies?

By Bridget B. from Charlotte, NC

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Maybe a year too late, but I have pageant trophies that I would love to donate if you're still interested.

Ruby Hopkins

Does anyone know of a business that recycles old trophies?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Ask your question with your zip code as most charities will be in other cities and trophy's would have to be shipped - costly.

Most of the actual thrift stores will not take them as they have no way to sell them but some may have names of organizations that would like to have them.

Free ads in Freecycle or Craigslist may find someone if you are not too particular about who you give them to.

YMCA, Goodwill, local churches may have names of someone that can recycle them for a kids program - like special Olympics.

We had 4 boys in sports and have many trophies that I just can't seem to throw away. Will someone take them as a donation? Thanks.

By Cathie

Answer Was this helpful? 1

If you ever bought or received a flower arrangement in one of those milk glass looking things, then you know you can't even give those things away once the flowers are dead. I had a flea market store and couldn't get a quarter apiece for them. So I took some old trophies apart, made nice wooden lids for the glass and put parts of the trophies on top for handles and I get $15.00 each for the " sugar bowls" and candy dishes.

Does anyone know of a place in southern California that will take used trophies to recycle?

YES I WILL BUY YOUR OLD TROPHY'S IF THERE AT THE RIGHT PRICE?

My seven and five year old girls have a lot of medal, ribbons, trophies and certificates. How show I display them? Should I put the certificates in a memory album? Please respond with any ideas. Thank you
- Sunglasses

Hello everyone,

I own an awards company out of the Chicagoland area and would be interested in recycling any and all awards, trophies, medals, plaques and awards that you might have. We have just started this new business due to the increased need and untapped opportunity. We have been repeatedly asked by many individuals what they can do with their trophies, medals, plaques and awards. Before we had no ability to handle this influx of items but an ephihany happened not to long ago to myself in which I thought there would be many deserving people out there who could not afford to provide these types of awards for special people. Furthermore, I would like to see less garbage being dumped in our depleted garbage heaps around the area. While this might only be a drop in the bucket, at least it is a step in the right direction.

If you have items that are collecting dust, spiders, or just taking up space, we would be interested in any and all items that are in good condition even a little banged up. We have the ability to fix and repair these items and provide them either to charities or new and bright shiny faces.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Przybylski

Awardex.com

mike@awardex.com

Where can I donate various trophies near Castle Rock CO?

Where can I donate trophies in Edmonton Alberta Canada

Where can I donate or recycle my old sports trophies (swimming, basketball, softball, field hockey, etc.)? I live in northwestern Connecticut.

By Martha Z

We have an organization called "Community Living" in our town where challenged people live. They have picnics and sports events and the residents got a trophy for winning. All were from garage sales and had been tossed out. They really don't care what the trophy says or whose name is on it or what it was for. They "won."

Are there any companies in Daytona Beach, Florida that recycle old well kept sports and band trophies? I have 5 large boxes that need a good home.

I would put an ad in Freecycle or craigslist. I'm sure someone would want it.

Where can I donate sports trophies in the Charlottesville, Virginia area?

Anonymous

Thank you.

Where in the central New Jersey area can I donate about 60 trophies that my 3 sons have received over the past 10 years or so? The majority have a baseball, basketball, or soccer figure on top.

Where can I bring some plaques to recycle or sell in the east Brunswick , New Jersey area?

My daughter has many old girl's basketball trophies that are in good condition and I am hoping an organization can use them. I live in the Pasadena, California area. Thank you.

By Ellen M

Special Olympics explicitly says that they do NOT want used trophies. They give out new trophies and ribbons for their events. Thanks.

Who can I give them to?

By Wayne

Contact local schools as well. Sometimes they use them as prizes for things. We used ours for curling bonspiel prizes.

Often you can purchase new tops for the trophies for a small charge that can change a bowling trophy into a sunflower seed spitting contest trophy. Much less expensive to refurbish than to purchase new ones. Old trophies for a particular sport can merely have the plaques removed or changed to be useable again - eg bowling for a junior bowling league, for example.

I have some old trophies to donate, any ideas where I can donate them?

By Brian

Call a local trophy shop and see if they have some suggestions.

Is there any place in Michigan where I can recycle about 8 trophies that are in very good condition?

Try this:

https://nextdoo  neighborhood/mi/

Is there someplace near South Palm Beach county, Florida, that I can take old trophies to have them recycled?

Put an offer on Craigslist or Freecycle. Someone will take it. You might want to remove the plaque with the name first.

Where can trophies and plaques be recycled, refurbished, or donated in Richmond VA?

Put an ad in the local Pennysaver or Freecycle.

Where in the East Brunswick, NJ area can I donate or sell plaques?

Put an ad on Freecycle or Craigslist. You will have plenty of takers.

I am affiliated with a swim team and I have tons of trophies we do not want to throw away. Can you advise? Special Olympics does not want them. I live in Houston, Texas.

Where can I recycle bowling trophies in Houston, TX. ?

Where can I donate my old trophies, so that they can be recycled for good use?

By Lynda

Also try clubs and youth groups in the area. You could offer them on Freecycle or whatever you have. When I taught, we used them in our curling bonspiel, and some places will swap out the tops, so that bowling trophys, for example, can be changed to sunflower spitting contest trophys. I have also seen them for sale at the Salvation Army or Winners, so you can give them to charities too.

We have several trophies which were packed away in our attic. These were from our childrens' high school days in the late 70s, early 80s. They do not want them, nor do we. Is there a place in the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania area that accepts these for recycling purposes?

By B. Smith

Since the plate can be removed, check out the local thrift stores.

I have quite a few of old sports trophies that I would like to recycle. I live in Alabama is there a location near me or even around Atlanta Georgia that I might be able to take them?

By Linda

There are many places that will reuse trophies - boys and girls clubs, perhaps Scouts & Guides, sometimes schools, charitable events, etc. If they do not use them for the sport that is depicted, most trophy sellers will swap out the top, sometimes for free (especially if you are getting engraving done there.)

We used to recycle curling trophies at the school I taught at; we took off the name plaques, and used them that way. Many places like Goodwill or the Salvation Army thrift shops will take them as well, as they can sell them.

Where do I take these trophies to without having the expense of shipping them?

By Alma S from Casselberry, FL

In our area, we can donate trophies to the Salvation Army Thrift Store or other thrift stores/charities. Or some clubs might use them. Phone around in your local area. Schools, especially elementary schools, might be interested in them.

Our school used to take curling trophies, remove the plaques, and then use them in our curling bonspiels (a popular sport in our area). Also, many trophy shops will trade in the top for a small fee so you can switch out the sport (eg bowling for watermelon spitting contest).

My mother used to do this with donated trophies for a community sports day for the children's games that she organized. She was able to give quite grandiose trophies for the races, ball throws, and watermelon spitting events that she held. Once the plaques are removed, the trophy is easily repurposed for other events. Call local schools and clubs such as Scouts, Guides, boys and girls clubs, etc.

Where can I donate old trophies?

By Cathy

Schools sometimes use them for prizes, clubs such as Scouts may use them. My mother used to repurpose old trophies by trading in the tops (usually curling or bowling figures) for ball throw and racing figures for use at the kids games she ran at the family fun day we held in our community.

I think you can donate them to Goodwill, Value Village, or the Salvation Army (where they sell them for a tiny amount to clubs!). Offer them on Freecycle or similar websites. I am sure you will be able to find someone who will take them off your hands.

I have two boxes full of bowling trophies. Where can I recycle them?

By Wai Ling

Try any local charities, especially disabled or mentally challenged groups. They can always use them for youth activities and just remove the plaques.

I have over 100 or so used trophies and will be moving soon. Is there somewhere in New Jersey that I could donate them? It would cost too much to ship them for a donations. They are all in excellent condition.

By Margaret from Carteret, NJ

Another idea is "Special Olympics" - they would love the trophies and can have special plates engraved for their athletes.

I'd love to donate a large box of old, but well preserved trophies. Is there a local place I can bring them? I tried Special Olympics in my area, but they weren't accepting at this time.

By Hilary from Yorktown, NY

Hello,

Please try the boys/girls club, a bowling alley, a pre-school and your local shelters for children. good luck

Where in the Brandon/Tampa Florida area can I donate old trophies?

where can i bring trophies to recycle near syracuse ny

My belated husband was an avid pool player and I have an abundance of trophies stored away. I am looking to donate them to a charity or a pool league that might be needing trophies in order to pay out more to the players. Any suggestions?

Advertise on Craigslist. Do it in the "free" section and again in sports. Also, would your local pool parlor be interested? Lastly, you can ask the local sports shops what they might think. I hope that helps. PBP

Load More