Gift Mix: Russian Tea

This makes such a nice gift for the holidays, especially put in a pretty jar with the recipe and mixing instructions on a nice little card and ribbon! Or, you can buy a nice cup, put some of the tea in a plastic bag, and give it wrapped in colored cellophane and a bow!

In large bowl, mix 8 oz. each of Tang (generic is fine), and instant tea mix. Add 1 large package of Lemonade powder mix. You may want to turn you head when you pour them in, as the ascorbic powder cloud can make you cough! Add 1/2 Tbsp. nutmeg and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon.

To use mix: Using a well rounded tablespoon, pour into cup with very hot water. If it isn't strong enough, keep adding by tsp. only. Sweeten to taste.

I have had this since high school home-ec. The original recipe called for 8 cups of sugar, but that seemed to bulk it up, and got hard. This is cheaper, easier and the people you give it to can sweeten it with honey, Splenda, Equal or sugar.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Oh my gosh! I am from Salem myself. I remember making and drinking this stuff with friends on the cold winter days and evenings. I had totally forgotten and it is so good! I will have to make up some to have around. SO delicious! Wonder if we know each other?

Well, without a way to post your email or contact, we might never know!!

But I am glad you liked the recipe. It's perfect for when you have a cold, too!

It's pretty in a jar and you could give the recipient a baggie of it in a nice mug, with a couple candies on top, and wrap it all in a colored Celophane with a pretty bow.

Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Warm DrinksNovember 12, 2008
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes