Saving Money on SOS Pads

Tips for saving money on SOS pads.

I like to use a clean SOS pad every time I need one but often find that they are too large to really use up each time. I pre-cut all the pads in the box into quarters, using scissors. Each piece is a good size for my needs and I can toss the used quarter away without feeling it is wasteful.

By Robbie from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Post your ideas below.

Whenever I purchase a box of S.O.S Pads, I immediately take a pair of scissors and cut each pad into halves. After years of having to throw away rusted, unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that this would be much more economical. And now a box of S.O.S pads last me indefinitely! In fact, I have noticed that the scissors get sharpened this way!

By Diana

I keep a plastic cup in my freezer for storing used pads. As soon as I'm finished with a pad, I shake it out a bit and put it in the cup. I've had some pads last for over a year, and I end up using the pads before they ever rust.

Terry from ChilliOH

I have done this for years,I always hated seeing old yucky used SOS pads lying around my kitchen and such. I also found that this extended the life of a box of pads,sure lasted a lot longer.

Your used soapy steel wool pads will not rust if you set them on a small square of aluminum foil! Try it! Save your freezer space for food!

I tried cutting the SOS Pads, it saves money and throwing the pads away. It also sharpens the scissors.

Close up of Steel Wool
Saving Money On Steel Wool
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 8, 2006
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
three pink soap steel wool cleaning pads
SOS Pad Stained Bathroom Fixtures
Scrubbing Pan with SOS Pad
Extending the Life of SOS Pads
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
🎄