Sewing Velcro

What is the best way to sew velcro? I'm trying to sew velcro on neoprene and it keeps clogging up on the needle.

Thanks,
Bryan from Los Angeles

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Some crafts stores sell Leather Needles - they have a wooden handle and are large....

DoctorBill

They sell the kind of Velcro that you sew on. It doesn't have any adhesive on it. If you use the kind with sticky on it you will jam up your sewing machine.

December 4, 2006 Flag

Why does velcro keep jamming in my sewing machine?

giftsandbags.com

Answers:

Sewing Velcro

Two things that come to mind is; 1) Don't use the kind with glue on it. 2) Using a leather needle makes it much easier. (11/17/2006)

By Ole Lulu

Sewing Velcro

Oh My I never heard of a leather needle. I guess it's the glue. Thanks so much. (11/17/2006)

By giftsandbags.com

Sewing Velcro

You may also be able to adjust the plate or pressure foot a bit to help. (11/17/2006)

By mef1957

Sewing Velcro

I'll try to do it today. Thanks (11/18/2006)

By giftsandbags.com

Sewing Velcro

I agree with Ole Lulu, don't use the velcro with adhesive on it. Make sure you use at least a 90 or 100 needle. Hint; rub your needle with bee's wax each time you go to sew velcro . bjptl (11/19/2006)

By bjptl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts SewingDecember 4, 2006
black Velcro being pulled apart
Cleaning Velcro
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Woman Separating a Velcro Strip
Uses for Velcro
Blue velcro in a strip.
Repairing Velcro
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 12:12:43 PM on 10.0.2.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.