Organizing Your Home

I need tips to help organize my home.

Hi Elizabeth! Here's a great site to help organize. Good luck :) :)

Yes Flylady is the best site to get organized. It worked for me.

Another great site is:

You can get a great intro package and it is free.

Good luck.

As soon as I saw your post, I looked for the FlyLady website address. LOL. It's a great site, and you get daily emails giving you a quick 15 minute 'job of the day' to do. One step at a time, and you will get there!

Dear Elizabeth,

I was in the same place you are. I just knew that any day the Health Department would arrive and I'd be cited for having a dangerously cluttered home.

Then for, I took a good look around and discovered for the first time exactly what my problem was.

I'd known all along that I didn't have too much stuff, I'm a thrower. But...what was the problem?

Duh! I didn't have ample shelving. It was a simple as that. I had a garage sale before moving, sold all the shelves, but brought the clothing, books, dishes, etc. to the new home. But now I had a super home, but the items didn't!

So...VERY cheaply and some help from super male and female neighbors who are skilled at installing shelves, everything has a home!

Now, if you're a "hoarder" that's a different issue. I've reviewed Fly Lady and think it's a great site. But you might not need it, if you find, like I did that you were missing shelving - not forgetting to put things in their designated spots. Before you can put things away - they have to have an address!

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing AdviceFebruary 4, 2009
Pots, pans and lidshanging on the pegboard in kitchen.
Organizing with Pegboards
Organizing Your Office
Organizing an Office
A baby nursery.
Organizing Your Baby's Nursery
In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability