Making a Toy Bag out of Receiving Blankets

When my son was a baby, he had lots of receiving blankets. As he grew older, of course, they weren't needed. I gave away several, then one day I needed a toy bag to take to Grandma's house.

Fold the receiving blanket in half, sew the long side and one short side making a bag. Sew a fold at the top, leaving an opening for a draw string. Insert draw string and you have a toy bag, pajama bag, or laundry bag. Receiving blankets are usually flannel, so I also used a few to make pillow cases for him. They were warmer for him in the winter and I had enough to generally get him through his colds, flu, ear infections when pillow cases get slobbery and need to be changed.

Source: Necessity is the mother of invention. I came up with this myself.

By Dianne from Wilsonville, OR

Very Good idea, Diane. Thank you for sharing.

Uses for Baby Blankets
Uses for Baby Blankets
Parenting General Parenting Memory KeepingJanuary 15, 2008
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making an I Spy Bag
Making an I Spy Bag
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Green Blanket
Ideas for Repurposing or Reusing Blankets and Comforters