Can I Use Olive Oil as a Furniture Polish?

Can you use olive oil as furniture polish?

By Karen from CA

I'm not sure. We used to use lemon oil to polish the old piano I had after I got married. It was an old upright player of fine wood. The lemon oil really made it look good. It had been recommended to me by someone I trusted. Twenty years later I don't remember who that was.

Please read this post, someone just submitted a recipe for homemade furniture polish and olive oil is one of the ingredients.

I use olive oil and lemon cleans very well and doesn't linger. Check MCW's link and use that recipe. I like it.

The olive oil could leave a rancid odor if it is not polished often enough. Would not want that seeping in the wood but wooden food containers used as salad bowls, etc can be done with food oils. You hand wash them often, though.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJuly 29, 2010
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet