Scenery: Snowed In

This photo was taken after the February storm, looking out our door at our deck. We received 4 feet of snow on the deck, which successfully blocked the door to our home. We had to open the bottom window on the storm door and take out the screen. After retrieving the snow shovel off the deck, we had to shovel from the inside of the house to clear enough snow to enable us to get out.

By Connie

Wow! That is a lot of snow. Two inches is enough to cause panic in the Pacific Northwest where I live. I can't imagine!

I was dumbstruck when I opened the door to let our pups out to go to the bathroom and seen all the snow. Of course the pups could not understand why I didn't let them out and about drove us nuts until we were able to clear enough snow to get the door opened.

Egads! Hubby tells and retells stories of how he and his mother spent an entire winter snowed in like this. I can remember slogging through waist-high drifts to the local mom and pop grocery for essentials, but four feet of non-drift snow? Wild!

November 27, 2011 Flag

This storm led new meaning to the phrase, "Snowed In" when my husband had to start shoveling from inside of the house. What a surprise to wake up to when we opened the door and there was approximately 3 1/5 foot of snow on our deck effectively "snowing us in". The weight of the snow made it impossible to open the door. So we took the window out of the storm door but there was so much snow we couldn't even climb out to start shoveling.

By Connie S. from Towanda, PA

Snowed In

Photo of snowy trees in the mountains.
Snow Scenery Photos
Photos SceneryMarch 29, 2011
Bag with flashlight and other accessories.
Planning a Road Trip
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Jamaica Beach
Jamaica Travel Tips - Frugal Travel Guide
🎄