Buffalo Wontons

I tried these yesterday and they are great!

• 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (I like Frank's)
  • 2 tsp. white vinegar
  • Ad
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (12 oz.) package wonton wrappers
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
  • Blue Cheese dressing for dipping (Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese is my favorite)

Whisk the butter, hot pepper sauce, and vinegar together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the shredded chicken, and let stand 15 minutes.

Lay out several wonton wrappers, place 1/2 teaspoon chicken in the center of each wrapper and top with 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. Brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with egg white, fold them over the filling in a triangle shape and press the edged together to seal. Continue until all of the wontons are filled.

Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat to 375 degrees. Cook the wontons 4 to 5 at a time in the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip as necessary for even browning.

Remove the wontons from the oil and drain on a cloth or paper towel.

Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing

Source: I checked out a few recipes for this one and ultimately chose one from Allrecipes :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

My husband loves buffalo chicken anything so I'm sure he would love these, they sound great!

Green Pepper Wonton Poppers
Recipes Using Wontons
Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersJanuary 28, 2010
Wonton Appetizer Recipes
Wonton Appetizer Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipes
Buffalo Wings on a Plate
Buffalo Wings Recipes