Shop Holiday Clearances All Year Round

Here is a tip that you can use following any holiday, stock up! If you use paper plates and napkins, now is the time to stock up on those outdated, never to be used again graduation plates, napkins and paper cups. I purchase these for as little as 25 cents a package and use them for a BBQ at the lake or tailgating in the fall.

Since we are going to throw them away any how, who cares if they are outdated. Stock up for next year's school party after Valentines or Easter. Put a festive napkin in your lunchbox to brighten your day around the holidays. Even paper table cloths make great wrapping paper for large, hard to wrap gift items (ie. bicycle).

It's also time to purchase those expensive (non-dated) graduation gifts for use in the coming year or two. Stock up on books, picture frames and the like. You will save up to 80% and these items store beautifully! Just be sure to place your treasures in a container that will keep them free from dust and wear and tear. I put mine in a lidded tub that fits under the bed.

Happy Saving!

By skibum1910 from Prospect, KY

I love the idea of the paper table cloth for wrapping paper and I am going to get a tub and put under my bed also. This is a great idea! Robyn

Great idea! I use the back side of left-over Christmas wrap to make my own sewing patterns or copies of the original pattern. Just write the pattern's number (or make up your own) on each piece & what the piece is (sleeve, collar, etc) & how many to cut. Also add the grain-line arrow & if it's supposed to be "cut on fold" then copy the "cut on fold" arrow & your darts.

June 25, 2009 Flag

Shop stores after holiday clearances (New Year's, Valentine's, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas) for greatly reduced items to put away for next year celebrations or to use as gifts throughout the year. Keep in mind solid color items can be used at other times of the year. This can pertain to dinner napkins, giftwrap, candles, etc. A solid red giftwrap bought after Valentine's could be used for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Look for items in a champagne color, these could be used for anniversaries, Christmas, etc. Same goes for discounted holiday candies such as M and M's. Open the bags, pour the candies in a dish, separate them colors, repackage them, like colors together and ID the package and freeze or keep in a dry place till your next holiday or gift giving event. No one needs to know you purchased these items on discount. You'll be saving lots of money this way.

By Terri H. from NV

Answers:

Shop Holiday Clearances For All Year Round

This can also be said for possible Christmas gifts. After summer clearances at places like CVS, Walgreen's or even your local Walmart can provide a wealth of small toys great for stocking stuffers. If you have a gardner buddy then you can find all kinds of things like garden gloves, seeds, garden tools, decorative items marked down drastically because they're trying to make room for the back to school items. I found some great deals at Walgreen's last week, nice sugar shaker type candles for $1.59 each and tea lights for a quarter a pack of 10, all great for to put away for Christmas. To keep up with my bargains I find all year long, I keep one of those big plastic totes in my spare bedroom and add each bargain inside so they're all together and ready to pull out and wrap as the holiday grows near. (07/26/2008)

By Jawga

Pile of Coupons
Bargain Shopping Tips
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJune 25, 2009
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
A woman checking out at a grocery store.
Download Store Coupons to Your Rewards Card
Stockings hung by a Fire
Organizing Stocking Stuffers
Ceiling Fan
Using Ceiling Fans Year Round
🎉
🎄