Decorating With Feathers

The secret to good decorating is to be bold and creative without ever being tasteless. Here's an idea which is unique enough to get attention, yet will never be out of place.

Instead of just flowers in a silk arrangement, use feathers! Feathers bring an added bit of texture and life to the standard silk flower display. Pheasant and peacock feathers will add height and drama. Bright colored feathers will make your display eye-catching and unique. To add softness to a bouquet, try ostrich plumes.

You may want to leave the flowers out and make your arrangement entirely out of feathers. An interesting container can serve as a wonderful starting point. Search for one with an animal skin motif. Duck feathers in a leather container will add a manly feel to any office or game room. Short feathers at the base, with spikes of pheasant plumes, create an attention drawing piece for a buffet or hall table.

Exotic feathers can add spice to a bedroom. Put them out with candles for a special night, and create a very romantic mood. You might even try a boa for yourself!

Look outdoors for feathers of local birds from your area. You can use these to make a statement about your love of where you've chosen to live. Take a walk in a nearby wooded park and soon you'll have a collection from local birds. Typically these are small feathers, yet they'll say "home" in a cute display on an end table.

Search the floral section of your favorite craft store for interesting natural items such as moss, twigs and dried seeds to add to your design. A skilled florist will help you change these elements into a stunning display for your home.

Don't be afraid to experiment. You're sure to draw interesting comments and with reasonable consideration, you'll add a stimulating look to any room.

Wow, what a dreamy idea. However, I am an avid walker /hiker and NEVER find any decent feathers I'd place in an arrangement. Instead, I prefer to search for the plentiful and lovely PODS, LICHEN, "skeleton

leaves", insect skeletons/shells, and interesting

wild plants to hang upside down at home until dried.

I'll search the craft stores for feather sales, which I

SELDOM find rewarding me with anything other than

cheap brightly colored tinted flattened, packaged,

and battered feathers sold by the cello pack. I'll search the internet for better ones like pheasant,

ostrich and perhaps "Birds of Paradise" feathers. Those would really be worth the effort for me, IF I

can afford even a single one. lol God bless.

Decorating With Feathers
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Floral DisplaysAugust 14, 2006
Parakeet Losing Its Feathers
Chicken Pulling Out Its Feathers
Feather Kids Craft
Crafts Using Feathers
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating