Crafts Using Feathers

Precious angels to add to gift package or make several and bring to your local hospital.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. Pick out from 4-6 feathers. Choose a couple that are long and some that are shorter. Look at finished angel to see how I layered the different sizes.
  2. Put a dab of hot glue in the hole at the bottom of the head bead and quickly stick the feather ends which you have arranged in the hole. Do not let them stick out from the top.
  3. Cut a 2 inch piece from the pipe cleaner and form a circle to fit the head. Hot glue to head of angel.
  4. Take the remaining piece of pipe cleaner from the one you just cut and form wings as shown.
  5. Take the second pipe cleaner and cut a 6 inch piece. Wrap around angel just under head. Spread across front and wrap around her bringing the arms to the front. Cut the ends to make them even. If the arms seem too long for your angel, cut them back as needed. Add your bead to the tip of each arm with a dab of hot glue.
  6. Hot glue your wings to the back of your angel just below her head.
  7. Cut a piece of ribbon about 4 inches, cut the ends to a point as shown.
  8. Put a dab of hot glue in the hole at the top of the head bead and tuck the ends of the ribbon in. Use a toothpick if needed to tuck the ribbon down.
  9. Make a bow from the ribbon and hot glue at her neck.

By Myst from IN

More Solutions

Use colored feathers for your Easter centerpieces. Feathers and eggs go great with Easter. Check out the wreath I made.

easter centerpiece

A super easy craft using only 2 feathers.

Ornaments on white Valentine's tree.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

8 Questions

A week or so ago someone gave a suggestion on a few ways to use the long feather boas from the craft stores. Could you please submit those ideas again?

By Dottie from Dansville, NY

Answers

Best Answer

If you have a little girl, sew to some tulle for a playtime ballerina tutu. Glue a strip to a headband. Glue a strand around the edge of a table. I done this with a cheap circular table from walmart ($5).

Line a picture frame to match. Look at the photo ( of course chose your own colors ). You can wrap them around a can for pencil/drawing utensil holder. Weave around a curtain rod with a matching curtain. Customize that princess' room!

Answer this Question

I have peacock feathers and I would like to cover Styrofoam balls to make Xmas tree ornaments, but I am not sure how to? Any suggestions?

By Elaine E.

Answers

Perhaps you could cover the ball first in a cool fabric, then use hot glue or small needles to place the feathers in.

Or you could 'paint' the ball with white glue (dries clear) then roll the ball in a pile of the feathers. That way you get coverage and stick. Then you could go back once that has dried and 'varnish' with more white glue to get the feathers to completely conform to the balls rounded shape, and add shine-the colours in the feathers would be sparkly against the tree lights if coated lightly with a clear drying glue.

Neat project, if it works out, please post pics!

Answer this Question

I am making feather barrettes. I need to make some denim very stiff, today. I am hoping to make homemade starch for this part. Any suggestions for making a strong starch?

I'm also wondering (other then dipping the edges of feathers into bleach) how to make multicolored feathers for free?

By Allyn

Answers

For stiffening denim: Not knowing how you are using the denim, you might try painting the wrong side with a light coat of Elmer's Glue. Maybe iron on interfacing could work as it comes in many weights.

For the feathers, have you thought of using liquid Rit dye? Acrylic paint like Cerama Coat?

Hello,
Go to Joanne Fabric Store or Fabricland and ask them for the special iron on backing that does this, I can't remember the name of the product but I know it is available.
Cheers, Moe

Answer this Question

I am looking for directions to decorate Russian thistles with pheasant feathers. Thanks.

By Debbie

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Here is a photo of another wreath that I took the other day in a vet's office, where I was applying for a job. I am so impressed that something so beautiful can be made from discards.

Wreath hanging.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 25
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 14, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crafts-Using-Feathers.html