Cleaning Cloudy Aquarium Glass

By Jodi 3 2

I got a really great deal on a 40 gallon aqaurium setup. I have noticed the tank glass is cloudy, and need some solutions to properly clean the glass. I have tried vinegar and warm water without success. I would really appreciate any help.

Showing: Answers Sort

By marisa 3 53 Flag

I always use table salt to scrub with. Sometimes I use a Brillo pad too. I know it's not recommended but if your rinse it well it will be fine. I have also used Magic Erasers. They work wonders. I have had aquariums for 30 years and never any problems. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janice C. 18 710 Flag

You might try CLR. It's supposed to be environmentally friendly and it's available at lots of places, Walgreen's, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have worked and made aquariums for yrs. The thing is, is it plexi-glass or glass?. If it's plexi glass, do not use anything but the softest suff for teflon pans. It scratches really easily. Fill it & let the water sit on it for a few days, then use something really gentle. If you use any cleaning products on it, the plexi-glass will absorb it, then you might have many fish or whatever, die. If it's glass, do mostly the same thing. Let the water do the work, with maybe some bleach in it. After a few days, just clean with these cleaning pads for glass aquariums & rinse really well, before putting any animal life in it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cassie 20 60 Flag

The aquarium that I got from my sister had the cloudy look and rings in it and I took just plain baking soda and scrubbed the glass real good and it cleaned right up and rinsed real good to be sure I got all of the baking soda out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassApril 30, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:29:09 PM on 10.0.2.206 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings