Using an Old Window Frame

I was given this old frame, and decided to make it look realistic. I put a cut up poster behind the places where the panes were, and it looks like I am gazing out into a serene waterfall in the woods.

Some of my snail collections are on it, and for the photo, I would have taken them off. However, I have cats, and everything in this house is glued down! But, this may inspire some of you just the same.

I did something like this in a basement kitchen that had no window. I used pictures I had taken on my roses and enlarged them and put 1 in each pane. Another time I used a calender picture and had it enlarged at an office supply store. I never thought of a poster. Better than looking at a blank wall while you wash dishes!

I'm glad you left the snails in place. Everything looks so homey and inviting. Great idea.

you did a great job.It gives me some ideas for mine.Thanks,Keeper

So cute. I have got to try this one! Thanks for sharing, and love that poster pic!

Painted Window Panes
Crafts Using Old Windows
Photos CraftsOctober 14, 2008
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
old window decorated with snowmen painted on the panes
Making a "Let It Snow" Window Frame
two old ornate hardcover books
Making a Recycled Book Picture Frame