Freezing Egg-less Mayonnaise

I hope someone can help me out. I have an egg allergy and have found a recipe for homemade egg-less mayonnaise. Since I only use a small amount at a time and I don't want to go through the hassle of making a tiny amount each time I need it, would it be possible to freeze any extra in one-person portions for later use?

I know you can't freeze mayo made with eggs, but as this is just lemon juice, oil, and milk, plus herbs and spices, maybe it would be possible with this recipe? Any ideas, please?

By Cettina from Malta, Europe

I doubt it will freeze well as it is still an emulsion even though it doesn't contain the egg. I believe it will break down or separate when frozen and thawed. But why don't you make a batch, freeze it and see what happens.

I am seconding what OliveOyl said below about the emulsion breaking down and separating. Other than experimenting on a little bit of your leftovers perhaps making in smaller batches. Homemade mayo (made with egg) is said to be good anywhere from 4 days to a week or so. I don't know if that applies to your egg-less version or not.

I make it all the time with mayo in it for green salads. It keeps several days in refridgerator, good luck.

Thanks for your feedback. I was hoping somebody already tried this and what the results were. As was suggested, the only way to find out is to try out a little bit and see what happens. I only use eggless mayo perhaps once a week so refrigerating is not really an option.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceFebruary 27, 2010
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Sandwich with mayonnaise alternative.
Alternatives to Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes