Spa Baskets for Gifts

I am planning on doing a "spa basket" for my grown girls for Christmas this year. So I am making a stop at the dollar store frequently for goodies to put in such as lotions, makeup, oh, my the list goes on and on. I am also making homemade brown sugar scrub to add something special, along with a crocheted washcloth. Closer to Christmas, add some edibles such as a big Cadbury Chocolate bar (decadent but only about $1 for a large bar!) Here is how you make the scrub:

Dump about 1/2 cup brown sugar into a bowl and add 1/2 cup olive oil. You can also add a drop or 2 of essential oil, if you like.

Have fun! Keep your eye out for goodies for your basket (or bag, or bucket :) at yard sales NOW. You can also do a vintage themed basket, or whatever decor suits the individual. I do a snack one for the boys and include sports mags (which you can sometimes get free on beef jerkey, comfy socks, etc.

By Joynchocolate from Landisville, PA

Sounds like a beautiful gift. You could add a paperback or 2 for reading while they soak in the tub. The Dollar Store around here carries HUGE gift bags for a large gift like that.

I know that coconut oil is a big beauty item, usually with a big price. However, the Louanna coconut oil in the cooking aisle is the same exact thing for a fraction of the price. You could split it up between a couple of jars and your girls will get a nice spa treat :)

I manage a Dollar Tree and am amazed at some of the merchandise that we get in. Right now our store has scented tea lights from Walmart.They smell so good. It is worth the trip to stop in periodically to see what treasures you can find. With the economy the way it is right now, even I am accumulating items to give at Christmas. I put everything into a tub and if I need a gift for someone throughout the year, I just check out my treasure chest.

Holidays and Parties Gifts BasketsJuly 31, 2009
Spa Party
Spa Party Ideas
Spa Water Foam
Reducing Spa Water Foam
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Spa Towel Wrap With Shoulder Straps
Making a Spa Towel Wrap