Patch (Miniature Jack Russell Terrier)

Patch is a 7 year old miniature Jack Russell terrier. I had been very lonely since my husband passed away, and my best friend Kevin bought him for me. Patch was having a hard life living in a cage with 3 Staffordshire bull dogs.

We've been together now nearly 3 years. We love each other so much. Patch never leaves my side. He sleeps in bed with me. He has his own cushion next to me on the sofa. He buries his treats under the cushion. Woe betide if you try and take his favorite raw hide shoe. He adores his walks and loves to have constant love and attention.

I can not imagine my life without Patch. We were both at a time in our lives when our whole world was at rock bottom. Together we have grown stronger with pure love. He hates the rain and has an army combat jacket he wears. I have knitted him jumpers, and he loves to wear them to keep dry and warm.

by hippysherree from Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I can understand what you mean about finding one another at low spots in your lives. I once had a dog that was a rescue. He knew I saved him, and I hope he also knew he saved me from a very sad time in my life. We had 5 good years together before he died with kidney failure that was caused by something in his dog food, the vet said.

Anyway, I survived and now we rescue and keep as many cats and dogs as I can. They keep us going and happy.

Thank you for sharing your Patch with us.

What a beautiful boy! I can imagine you love him to pieces.

Awww... Look at his precious little face. I know how comforting it is to have a beloved pet at your side. My Welsh Corgi "Tucker" follows me everywhere I go. We love him dearly. Give a hug to Patch from us.

Dear Mismachado, thank you for such a lovely comment it means so much to me and Patch.

Dear lizzie, we will treasure your words always thank you.

Dear k9cats a very big woofy waggy sniff to Trucker says Patch xxx

Pets Pet PagesJuly 7, 2011
Shinook the Jack Russell Terrier looking at Jett the Crow
Jack Russell Terrier - Photos and Breed Information
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch
Jack Russel Terrier Mix
Jack Russell Terrier Mix Photos