Preventing Static Shock in My Car

By anne 58 78

To keep from getting a static shock from your car whenever you exit, put a dryer sheet in your pocket. It negates the electric shock. Just keep one in your favorite jacket pocket during the "dry air" months. No more "zings" to your flesh!

Source: radio talk show

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

Comment

Archive: Static Shock in My Car

How can I remove static from cloth car seats? I get zapped every time I get out and close the door.

Thanks,
KW from Arizona

Feedback:

RE: Static Shock in My Car

rub a dryer sheet all over the seats. you could also leave some sheets in the car. rub it on the ceiling to any where you touch rub the sheet. (12/18/2006)

By sandy63

RE: Static Shock in My Car

Get a spray can of Static Guard that will eliminate static Electricity and lightly spray your car seat. It is made for spraying on fabrics. You could try spraying a little in a place that won't show, just to be sure it won't leave any stain. But I have never had a problem with staining, and have used it for years. It also works well on your clothing to keep from sticking to your pantyhose. And to spray carpets.
(12/18/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

RE: Static Shock in My Car

Rub the seat with a wire coat hanger before you get into the car. (12/19/2006)

By Carol in PA

RE: Static Shock in My Car

I used the mizter antistatic strap. Works like a charm.

(11/09/2007)

By UberCraker

RE: Static Shock in My Car

What I do so I do not get that shock is to wrap my hand around the door, touching most of my fingers on the outside, metal while I get out. Works for me.
(01/25/2010)

By carnation037

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceMarch 16, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Static Electricity
Preventing Static Electricity
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:35:17 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings