Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Preventing Static Shock in My Car

To keep from getting a static shock from your car whenever you exit, put a dryer sheet in your pocket. It negates the electric shock. Just keep one in your favorite jacket pocket during the "dry air" months. No more "zings" to your flesh!

Source: radio talk show

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Static Shock in My Car

How can I remove static from cloth car seats? I get zapped every time I get out and close the door.

Thanks,
KW from Arizona

RE: Static Shock in My Car

rub a dryer sheet all over the seats. you could also leave some sheets in the car. rub it on the ceiling to any where you touch rub the sheet. (12/18/2006)

By sandy63

RE: Static Shock in My Car

Get a spray can of Static Guard that will eliminate static Electricity and lightly spray your car seat. It is made for spraying on fabrics. You could try spraying a little in a place that won't show, just to be sure it won't leave any stain. But I have never had a problem with staining, and have used it for years. It also works well on your clothing to keep from sticking to your pantyhose. And to spray carpets. (12/18/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

RE: Static Shock in My Car

Rub the seat with a wire coat hanger before you get into the car. (12/19/2006)

By Carol in PA

RE: Static Shock in My Car

I used the mizter antistatic strap. Works like a charm. (11/09/2007)

By UberCraker

RE: Static Shock in My Car

What I do so I do not get that shock is to wrap my hand around the door, touching most of my fingers on the outside, metal while I get out. Works for me. (01/25/2010)

By carnation037

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.