Static Shock in My Car

How can I remove static from cloth car seats? I get zapped every time I get out and close the door.

Thanks,
KW from Arizona

Answers:

Static Shock in My Car

rub a dryer sheet all over the seats. you could also leave some sheets in the car. rub it on the ceiling to any where you touch rub the sheet. (12/18/2006)

By sandy

Static Shock in My Car

Get a spray can of Static Guard that will eliminate static Electricity and lightly spray your car seat. It is made for spraying on fabrics. You could try spraying a little in a place that won't show, just to be sure it won't leave any stain. But I have never had a problem with staining, and have used it for years. It also works well on your clothing to keep from sticking to your pantyhose. And to spray carpets.
(12/18/2006)

By Harlean

Static Shock in My Car

Rub the seat with a wire coat hanger before you get into the car. (12/19/2006)

By Carol in PA

Static Shock in My Car

I used the mizter antistatic strap. Works like a charm.

(11/09/2007)

By UberCraker

Static Shock in My Car

What I do so I do not get that shock is to wrap my hand around the door, touching most of my fingers on the outside, metal while I get out. Works for me.

(01/25/2010)

By Linda