Caesar Tofu Dip

I find this very tasty, creamy, low cal and healthy.

• 1 cup (8 oz.) tofu
  • 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt or sour cream
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 dash hot sauce
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic - minced
  • 1 tsp. oil

Directions:

In a food processor or blender combine all but the last 3 ingredients tofu, mayo and sour cream or yogurt. Blend until smooth then add the remaining ingredients lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, cheese, garlic and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate

Source: My mom!

By Diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

I am new to tofu & last night was searching for recipes, this one sounds interesting, I see there are different kinds of tofu, firm, silken, etc, which one is used in this recipe please? & how long does it keep in the fridge? Thank you for the recipe, I certainly will try it.

Just an FYI - if you are looking for tofu recipes because you're vegetarian, replace the Worcestershire sauce with something else (possibly soy sauce). Worcestershire is not vegetarian, it is made with anchovies.

Hi Cakedec, I used semi firm tofu. It's keep for about 5 days. Mine doesn't last that long because it's usually gone pretty quick. But i have had it in the fridge for about 5 days.

Hope you enjoy it..

Thanks Maryeileen on the fact about the Worcestershire sauce. I will find something else when I make for my Vegetarian friends.

Editor's Note: There is also a vegetarian version of Worcestershire available. Not sure how close it is to regular Worcestershire sauce

Thank you Deva for the info' I'l let you know what we think of it - sure sounds good! I will try & get to the store before weekend for the tofu, thanks again.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsApril 27, 2009
raw tofu
Preparing Chewy Tofu
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
saving money on tofu
Saving Money on Tofu
Tofu in a bowl.
Substitution for Tofu
🎄
🍂