Cleaning a Dull Geode

Going through an old box that had been in storage, I came upon a geode that I hadn't seen in 20 yrs. I remember the center crystal was bright and glistened, almost like amethyst. Now, it is dull and looks only like a rock. Is there anyone out there, who is familiar with geodes, and knows what to use to clean them to restore the luster? All replies are appreciated.

By Luann from Corning, NY

I bought a Geode from the farmer's market in the spring and all the vendor said to do was wash with clean water and use a toothbrush to get into the cracks. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 26, 2010
black sink
Cleaning a Black Porcelain Sink
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture