Cleaning a Dull Geode

Going through an old box that had been in storage, I came upon a geode that I hadn't seen in 20 yrs. I remember the center crystal was bright and glistened, almost like amethyst. Now, it is dull and looks only like a rock. Is there anyone out there, who is familiar with geodes, and knows what to use to clean them to restore the luster? All replies are appreciated.

By Luann from Corning, NY

Answers

I bought a Geode from the farmer's market in the spring and all the vendor said to do was wash with clean water and use a toothbrush to get into the cracks. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 26, 2010
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
granite basin
Cleaning Black Granite Fixtures
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
🎄