Removing a Super Glued Rear View Mirror

My husband tried to glue my rear view mirror to my windshield, but glued it on upside down. What can I use to remove it so I can attach it correctly?

Barbara from Oakland Park, Florida

The first thing that came to mind was acetone (the kind used for finger nail polish remover). This site may be able to help you...I hope so. http://www.supergluecorp.com/removingsuperglue.html

There is a remover especially made for super glue. But the idea that the other poster said might work too. Acetone would be more expensive if you only use it for the one thing. The remover can be bought at any hardware store.

What about super glue remover, they sell it now.

Once you get the mirror off, this is a suggestion for what to do. Here in Washington State many Auto Glass Companies will affix your rear view mirror at no charge. It is worth checking into.

FUNNY! I like the fact that your hubby glued it upside down! It gave me a laugh for the day! Sounds like something I might do!

whatever he does, just be careful not to break the windshield! Somethings are better left to the body shops or repairs shops. Sometimes in life there are just some things that you can't save money on. Best of Luck!

Thanks for my laugh today. I very rarely have any. I do stuff like this all the time, glad to know I am not alone.

Yes, the acetone should work!

A hammer comes to mind.... Just kiddin'!

Go to www.towerhobbies.com or your local hobby shop if you have one nearby and search on "debonder". It is a chemical that will dissolve super glue. It should be in the $5 range. Local is better since the shipping on that one item will cost more than the order.

Consumer Advice CarsOctober 8, 2007
Photos Glued in Photo album
Removing Glued on Photos
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
🎉
🎄