Cut Scrubbing Pads in Half

Scotch-Brite scratch pads and their "clones" are fairly large. I only use about half the surface for actual scrubbing, so I got to thinking. Why not cut the next batch of Scotch-Brite scratch pads in half?

Packages of 3 cost nearly $3 at Wal-Mart. Cutting them in half means each pad only cost fifty cents. If you buy at the dollar store, they might be even less. You can't get much more frugal than that. This might not work for someone with extra-large hands, but it sure works for me!

By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH

I do this too Jo. Like you, I find that half of a Scotch Brite pad is plenty for my hands. When it's worked its magic in the kitchen it goes to the bathroom then, and I use them to scrub shower glass doors, lavatory, and marble topped vanity. They have softened enough so that they do not leave scratches on anything including faucets etc. This is a good money-saving tip and deserves the thumbs up it's getting from me. Thank you for sharing it.

Pookarina

Aww, thanks, Pookarina! By the time mine have softened to that extent, I figure they're ready for the trash... but then, we have a curtain rather than a door on our shower. Hugs!

I agree. Thanks for sharing.

Keeper

Excellent idea, JPJ! I don't use those kind of sponges (I use the mesh covered type) but if I ever do use them then I know this tip will be the first thing that comes to mind! :-)

Scouring Pad
Saving Money on Scouring Pads
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 20, 2011
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
🎄