Making Creamed Corn

Does anyone know where I can get a wooden bowl to make creamed corn with? I know it's an old item but I don't know where to get it from. Thank you.

Cheryl

Not sure how thick you want the wooden bowl to be but I bought some on ebay that were reasonably thick or you could try thrift stores. I have seen them there a lot.

Anonymous

I can't help wonder why you need a wooden bowl to make creamed corn :-o I've always prepared mine in a saucepan and then froze or canned ...

Try your local thrift/secondhand store, its amazing what you find in there. Our goodwill has all sorts of items like wooden bowls and such.

I'm assuming you want it to be wooden so you can smash up the kernels? They have really nice wooden mortar/pestles at TJMaxx recently. If you have one of those you could check it out... (They seem to buy up old stuff and distribute it pretty evenly among their stores, so you can usually find the same general stuff from store to store even when its overstock/flawed items from more expensive dept stores)

Amazon