Save on Gas at Wal-Mart

The Wal-Mart near my house has a gas station on-site. I can buy a reloadable Wal-Mart shopping/gift card for any amount and use it to buy gas at that station. But here's the best part: I get an automatic 3-cents-per-gallon discount for using the card. With the amount I drive, this really adds up. And putting my gas money on the gift card helps me budget wisely!

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

I used to do this all of the time as well. I found it very easy to make sure that I budgeted enough gas money between pay days. Unfortunately here in Wisconsin they decided it was illegal and no longer allow us to do that. So our Walmart gas station has an open ended 40 cents of free gas coupon every time you pump gas. It is nice to save but I still miss the gift card.

An even better savings is to get a Citibank

Dividend Mastercard or Visa which pays you 5% cash back on all gasoline, drugstore and grocery store purchases, with no annual fee. I use both cards since there is a $300 limit on how much you can earn/card/year. So if gasoline is $3.00/gallon, you would be saving 15 cents/gallon with the card.

Photo of someone pumping gas.
Saving Money on Gas
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJuly 6, 2006
Woman at Gas Station
Gas Station Tips and Tricks
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Buying Gas
Buying Gas Jokes
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips