Removing Ink From Vinyl Dolls

To get ink stains off a vintage baby doll, pull back the doll's hair and remove clothing to keep them from getting bleached. Liberally apply 10% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment cream to any areas with ink. Be careful to avoid the eyebrows. Lay the doll in the sun. It will take more than one application to completely remove all ink. Just keep reapplying until the ink is completely gone.

Source: Tip Junkie

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I fixed dolls for the Council of Xmas Cheer for years. There were always dolls on whose faces some child had put permanent marker. I found that if they were just put in the sun for a few weeks the marks all faded out

I just put on 7% and I am worried about what might happend I left them on my table under a fan light nsince I was afraid my dog might get to them outside should I keep them in a color area or a warm area and how long ?

Here is some feedback that was emailed in.

The doll has ink on her hand and wrist from a ball point pen, I applied 10% benzoyl peroxide cover up cream to any areas with ink. Placed under a reading lamp and left it for 2+ hours, 98% came off with just wiping the cream off. I applied it again to the small area left on thumb and left it under the reading lamp for another 2 hours, wiped it off and totally gone. This worked really well with little rubbing and no damage to the doll. Tks so much for your comments.

Carol

Comment

Vinyl Doll
Removing Ink from Vinyl Dolls
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 23, 2010
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:10:53 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 879 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.