Save Toiletries When Staying at Hotels

We always save the soap, shampoos, toothpaste, and lotions we get at hotels when we stay in them. They come in handy when we run out of out regular soaps and things, especially when we can't make it to the store right away. Plus, they are perfect for traveling when you don't want to bring your bigger bottles. When company is staying over it is nice to give them their own bar of soap with their towels, too!

By morbetomommy from Topeka, KS

I do the same with my hotel toiletries. In addition, if I have gone on a long trip and have lots of extra, nice toiletries, I donate them to a local homeless shelter.

Ditto to the above.

If you do not have any small soaps for company, you can do what I do. We do not share bar soap in our house, so when I have company who will only be here one or two days, I slice a slab off of a new bar for them to use. This way I can throw it our when they leave & not feel guilty about tossing out an entire bar.

I also donate my hotel toiletries to the local VFW that prepares care packages for our soldiers overseas. I sometime go into our local Walmart and ask the manager if I can have some travel size toiletries and individually wrapped feminine products for our soldiers - he happily obliges.

I save them to donate them to domestic violence and homeless shelters. They really need this kind of stuff.

I'm so glad you brought up this topic, as anytime we travel and I bring the hotel complimentary toiletries home, he says that I'm stealing. He says they are meant to be used AT the hotel, if you need them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Beechiegirl has a good point. If a person is in doubt whether the amenities are to be strictly used in the hotel, or they can be taken home. It's best to ask at the service desk what the hotel policy is.