Storing Toiletries

Category Bathroom
Many of us have a collection of toiletries in varying sized containers and for different purposes. Keeping them organized and accessible can sometimes be a challenge. This is a page about storing toiletries.

I had this little shredder for a while and it began to show it's age. I painted it and used it for earrings and my make up brushes. It's perfect with my black and red bathroom!

N-JOY

Approximate Time: 1 hour drying time

Instructions:

You can get a new shredder from the Dollar Tree. Or, find one from a second hand place or use your own. Paint it the color of your bathroom, or leave white or silver if you like it rustic.

When done, simply hang earrings from the holes and put your cosmetic brushes (combs, etc) in from the top.

You could also hang it and use it for necklaces as well.

I have a bad habit of stockpiling toiletries because I never know what I have on hand or I know I have it and can't find it. I hung a pocket shoe bag on the inside of my linen closet and now put new purchases (and those from my stash) of shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. in the pockets. Now I can see and find what I have at a glance.

By Linda from Vista, CA

Each of our 3 children has a small plastic tote (like the ones to hold cleaning supplies) stored in our hall linen closet to take into the bathroom. They keep all of their toiletries (including combs, medications and toothbrush/toothpaste) in these totes. I got the idea from my dorm days when we had to hike down the hall to the showers. It really saves room in our small bathroom, and the tote can be ported to the kitchen or downstairs bath if necessary.

By Lori L from Minneapolis, MN

Don't have enough space to store all your toiletries in the bathroom? Hang a see-through shoe bag on the back of the door. Everything slips right in and you can see what you need. If there is a lot of people in your family each can have a row of their own.

By Tracey

My 5 year old daughter has a great deal of "Things" that we use while she is getting ready for bed and getting ready for school. We were constantly running up and down stairs, in and out of the bathroom and everywhere to get her ready. No more!

While shopping, most of us know to check for the expiration dates on food items. Did you know there are expiration dates on over the counter medications, on toothpastes, and other items, as well?

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

My husband and I went to the flea market, and I bought a decorative glass bottle for $3.50 for our mouthwash. I was getting tired of looking at the plastic bottle sitting next to the sink and wanted to make a change. I saw a decorative bottle for sale on the internet, but the price was too high and I would also have to pay the shipping charges.

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

Mouthwash stored in a decorative bottle in the bathroom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7
Organizing BathroomJanuary 18, 2014
🎃