Placing Rubber Bands Around Shampoo Bottles

Category Bathroom
Place rubber bands around your shampoo bottles to reduce their slipperiness and also to help differentiate between the shampoo and conditioner, especially when they are the same brand.

Place a rubber band around the top of your shampoo for easily tell the difference between your shampoo and conditioner while in the shower.

By Meemaw

Shampoo, body wash and other bottles in the shower are really slippery. Today, I dropped one and it cracked and a favorite and expensive product went down the drain. I finally thought to put a wide rubber band from produce on the bottle which provides a secure grip. Easy effective and free

Top Comment

I do this all the time . I also put two rubber bands on my hair conditioner to distinguish it from my shampoo which are in bottles that look alike.

I am older with bad eyesight and this helps a lot and it doesn't slide out of my hand. I use thick elastics

I don't know if this happens to you, but I get so frustrated when I am in the shower (without my glasses, of course) and I cannot tell which bottle is the shampoo and which is the conditioner! They make many of the bottles look identical and even if I held it at arms length I couldn't read it :-) Desperation led me to a solution. Now, I put a rubber band around the shampoo (since that is what I use first). Boy, does that make things easier.

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Answers:

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? :) (07/28/2008)

By MiraY

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

I do this as well, esp for the little grandchildren who love to do their own showers/shampoos.

I also do this for myself as I fill small bottles--the travel kind--with my pool shampoo/conditioner/body soap. Grabbing the wrong one can mean body soap on the hair, conditioner on the body and shampoo as conditioner. So it works well. WHAT I do is take the rubber bands that come on veggies at the grocery. Wider, colored, less apt to snap and break when around the bottles. (07/28/2008)

By Grandma J

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

Great idea! And here's another - try this next time (as I found out by accident): tilt your head back and open your eyes. The water that gets in your eyes will act as a temporary lens just long enough to let you read the labels on your shampoo, conditioner and body shampoo! I'm farsighted and it works every time. Just make sure its not soapy water! (07/28/2008)

By Sheila Hendricks

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

Ha, ha! Good idea! Boy, life keeps ya humble :-) (07/28/2008)

By Carol Young

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

Oh what a great idea. I have tried to write an "S" and "C" with a permanent marker on the bottles but that did not work as it washed off. So I will be using your wonderful suggestion. So simple but so goo. Thanks (07/29/2008)

By Gail

Place A Rubber Band Around the Shampoo

The obvious solution is to use a shampoo/conditioner combination so you only have one bottle to pick up! Save, money, save water, save time. I have used Suave PH balanced for women and for men for about 30 years. My very long, blonde, fine hair is going silver, but that has more to do with age than shampoo. (08/06/2008)

By Gorius

Organizing BathroomFebruary 25, 2020
🐰
🌻
🍀