Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass

It is a challenge to remove a photo without ruining it from glass when it is old or has gotten wet. This guide is about removing a photo stuck to glass.

old photo
Filter Sort

Question: Picture Stuck in Frame

By Shannon O. 1 2

I have a very old picture that is stuck to this picture frame. I can not make a copy of it and can't risk getting the picture ruined. The picture is too long to fit in the freezer and the blow drier technique doesn't work. What can we do?

By Shannon O.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy 6 128 Flag

I took a pic that was stuck to glass to Walgreens. The tech took the frame apart but left the photo adhered to the glass and scanned that. It came out beautifully and there was no risk. I believe if you try to separate them you will ruin the picture. The pic was my daughter and her deceased Grandmother taken when my daughter was a young girl, so it was really important to her. I would try an experienced tech at Walgreens. He did a great job for me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

By Mitzy 1

How do I remove a picture stuck to the glass on an old frame?

By Mitzy from Kenner, LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By lorraine mcdonald 4 12 Flag

Simply put it in plain warm water and gently use a finger to rub and massage it and it will release itself with no damage. Don't force it. Shake it off and blot dry with clean cloth, no lint type. Lay between two pieces of wax paper and weight it down so it dries flat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Shopping for Un Du Adhesive Remover

By norma 1

Where can I buy the product "Un Du" that removes stuck photos from glass?

By Norma from Sayre, PA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Wilma Long 1 50 Flag

If you don't find it you might try putting it in the freezer. I read on here not long ago that would unstick the picture from glass. I haven't tried it, but assume it works.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Photo Stuck to Glass Frame

How do I remove an old photo stuck to a glass frame that is broken?

By Yvonne B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Gramama 2 2 Flag

Try putting it in a freezer for a few hours.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Photo Stuck to Glass

By Judi 1

How do I remove a photo (without ruining it) from glass when it has gotten wet?

By Judi from Brighton, CO

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr522587 Flag

There is advice in the ThriftyFun archives below. Just scroll down on this page.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pictures Stuck to Frames

By Rosee Swain 1

How do you remove pictures stuck to the glass in a frame?

By Rosee from Fort Payne, AL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 15, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 8:25:58 AM on 10.0.1.191 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings