StainsCleaning

Yogurt or Sour Cream for Stains

Any stain by pen or marker can be removed with yogurt or sour cream. Also hairspray works well. Stains on leather vinyl and delicate fabric can be removed by this process. If the stain is set, you need just little patience, but it will come out.

By Miss Tina from Florida

Editor's Note: I haven't heard of using yogurt for stains. I would test this in an inconspicuous spot and be sure to use the plain, non-sweetened variety.

I've heard that yogurt can bleach skin if left on long enough and has no sugar. I wonder what part of those two removes pen ink and marker? NOTHING removes permanent marker, so I'm sure you didn't mean THAT? : )

This is very interesting, I may have to try it out. To the feedback below: Some things can take out permanent marker. I have had great success removing it with rubbing alcohol. I have also heard nail polish remover works.

Saw on "How clean is your house" a few days ago they used sour milk or cream to clean brass

Well Anything that is left on too long will bleach. You simply apply and wait minute or two, then take a soft brush and gently rub. After that you wipe and wash with little soapy water and rinse clean. If you do it in this order, it is most unlikely you would have any bleaching in the area that you are cleaning. However when you pay considerable amounts of money for furniture, you will try almost anything. I have tryed this method on cloth , furniture etc. Method, has worked very well. I personally prefer sour cream over the yougurt, but both work. Just dont leave substance on area for hours. Rinse and repeat is what gives you results when stain is old. New stains remove easier depending on a stain.