Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

Why is my Roper washer not spinning as well as I used to? The clothes are still very wet.

By Allen from St. James, MO

Best Answer

It's possible the belt is wearing out and needs replacing. If all else works great, that's my best guess.

I got the same problem yesterday night. My washing mashine didn't spin the water. In the morning I opened the small door on the front of the mashine, in the right down corner. It was not easy, but finally opened. After I twisted the cap and pull out a very, very stinking and disgusting black thing. Bleah!

At first I thought I finished, but after I checked inside with a flashlight, and saw, there is some more of this disgusting black stuff. I pushed inside a fork and got it out. In the same time ALL THE WATER came out to the floor. So I think the water couldnt leave, because the filter was totally full.

Now I am testing it and hope it was the only problem. I hope I could help you guys! Have a nice day!

October 2, 2011 Flag

My washer doesn't spin fast enough and leaves my clothes wet. How do I fix it with household tools?

By Jonathan

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Sounds like your belt is too loose.

January 17, 2011 Flag

My washing machine is not spinning all the water out of my clothes.

Charlie

Answers:

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

Before calling a technician or replacing the machine, find a friend that knows how to use a carpenter's level and see if the machine is operating on a level playing field. (Believe me, please, we live in a very old house with floors that aren't level and can cause chaos on mechanical, electric devices.)

Many older models of washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, and free standing ovens/ranges have adjustable "feet" so that they can be adjusted to work on non level floors. (Don't know about the newer appliances as all of ours are old.)

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but just it case it does, you could save a bundle of money! Even if your home and appliances are new, there is always the possibility that something is not working well simply because it is not completely level. Good luck! (11/12/2010)

By KansasCindy

November 11, 2010 Flag

Our washing machine is not spinning all of the water out of the clothes. We often have to run it through an extra spin cycle to get the rest of the water out. It is draining, however, so I don't know if a clog is the problem. Does it sound like a belt problem? Is this something I can fix myself?

By Jana from Pleasant Hill, CA

Answers:

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

It sounds like it's time to call someone to repair your washer. (05/26/2010)

By MCW

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

I just had this same problem and it cost me over $250 to fix it. The transmission and clutch was out on mine. (and it's not even 4 yrs old!) It is fixed now and working better then ever. Guess ya just gotta get some American sweat in it to get em to work right! (05/26/2010)

By shetobka227

May 24, 2010 Flag

My rinse and spin cycle won't wring out the clothes.

By Nancy from Bronx, NY

Answers:

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

I just had mine repaired with the same problem. He replaced two belts on it. (01/07/2010)

By cathyphelps

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

This is not something that you can fix yourself, unless you are an appliance repair person. It could be belts. Or it could be a small part that goes on the motor. Call a repair person. It cost me $100 for the part and the house call, but it was fixed within two hours of making the call to the shop. Small price to pay to have the thing fixed. (01/08/2010)

By louel53

January 3, 2010 Flag

My washing machine is not spinning properly. The clothes are soaked at the end of the cycle and the fabric softener ball is not emptied. Any ideas that I can try before paying for a repairman to come to the house to take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Kerry from MA

Answers:

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

Are you sure it's not spinning? Sometimes the hose or the drain pipe gets clogged and the water just doesn't have a place to go. So check it out before you give up. (09/12/2006)

By pam2cats

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

This has happened to our machine many times. What is happening is your filter is blocked so the water cannot drain away no matter how many times the actual drum turns round in a spin.

What you need to do and its quite easy, is locate the filter at the back of the machine and clear it of all debris. Then you will find it will spin and empty properly. (09/13/2006)

By

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

It sounds like either your hose could have a crimp in it or your pump isn't working properly, if the pump was working, it would pump the water out as it spins. The hose may be clogged as was suggested before, so you'll probably end up getting a repairman out after all. (09/13/2006)

By Foxfire

Washing Machine Not Spinning Properly

When this happened to me, I turned my empty washer over and found a broken belt lying on the floor. I called the local supplier for such and reinstalled it myself. It's been about 10 years, so I don't remember if it was too hard, but I believe it was not too hard with proper tools, otherwise I would have called repair because I had money then.

God bless you for being willing to ask around and to try to DIY first to be more frugal. (09/13/2006)

By Lynda

washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersJanuary 17, 2011
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washer Not Spinning
Kenmore Washer Not Spinning
🎄