Add Pumpkin Pie Spice to Coffee Grounds

I love the Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee that is sold at this time of the year. But, drinking too many of them can really put a hole in my pocket!

So I made my own! When I brew coffee, I added a teaspoon ( or more) of Pumpkin Pie Spice to the coffee grounds! Turned out pretty good. Not quite the same, but close enough. And there was a whole pot of brewed pumpkin spice coffee for nearly next to nothing. I already had the spice in my cabinet, and was going to brew coffee anyway.

Your taste may require more spice than I did. Enjoy.

By Barb from East Tennessee

Thanks for posting your suggestion. Now I won't have to mail order the small bottles for flavoring coffee.

Did you add a tsp. to an 8 cup pot? I just wanted some idea of the amount. Please advise.

I like this idea. My granddaughter is always trying new coffee and likes this one. As you said it will save on her pocket book.

I've also added 5 Spice, or just Cinnamon. Harmony Bay Coffee adds spices [listed on top of container] but is rather costly. I add a heaping 1/4 teaspoon to 4 cup carafe.

I like to shake a generous amount of cinnamon and shake a small amount of cloves in my grounds-lovely especially for the winter. Try using molasses instead of honey or sugar to sweeten your morning brew. I have also toasted pecans, ground them and add to the grounds.

I should have been more specific. I put 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice for each cup of coffee that I planned to brew.

Sorry. :(

This is a great idea. I can see where you could add cocoa powder to the grounds too. Or maybe a drop of rasberry flavoring along with the cocoa and you would have chocolate, raspberry coffee.

I also do the same thing with ground cinnamon. 1 tsp to a 4 pot.

Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesNovember 24, 2009
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
🎉
🎄